Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Sketching & Camping

Sketchbook page - fungi
We've just been camping at an old gold mining town called Yalwal, by Danjeera Dam, and suddenly it's like summer, the sun is hot early, the sky is goes-forever blue, and the red soil dusty dry. Arriving just after the labour day long weekend, I was cleaning up some cans etc from previous campers in the surrounding bush when I found this dry little collection of fungi. All subtle stripes of earth tones, I lay in the grass and sketched it til I lost the feeling in my toes.

It's good to be back home, just about a week now til the Shoalhaven Artisan's Market  (13th). I have lots of mounted bird watercolours ready, and some bird-themed cards and paper-cuts. As well as some pretty, soft fabric birds to add colour and interest to my stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment