Saturday, 29 December 2012

New Products - Next Market

My next market is the Lady Denman Produce Markets on Saturday 5th January. If you're in the area come along, and have a look at the Randall Sinnamon exhibition in the gallery inside. Huskisson is alive with holiday-makers at this time of year which is just wonderful. 

After Christmas I was inspired to make something that communicated the texture and colours of the coast. I wanted to combine the feel of sun-bleached driftwood and the soothing tones of the beach, and also the naive charm of some patchwork and textile art that I've seen. It all sounds rather lofty and ambitious but I've made up a few buntings with just that feel and I think they'd add a very festive freshness, life and charm to a cracked paint background!
Rose Robin $40

'Castaway' Coastal Bunting $30
Patchwork flags with frayed edges, hessian edging, coastal palette.
9 flags, approx 2m total length, looped ends

No comments:

Post a Comment