Thursday, 13 February 2014

Hearts and Stones

I dug Andy's mum's old manual typewriter out of the garage, wiped it down and thought I'd have a look and see if I can get a new ribbon for it. As it turns out, the old ribbon works just fine. There's something so fresh and naive about things manually typed. Emma and I devised some silly Valentine messages inspired by those powdery candies with the trite love messages, but ours a little more twisted, or understated, or raw. 

I've also been painting on some river stones that i collected a while ago. Not exactly sure what to make with them when they're naturally so beautiful, after researching drawings of lace and crochet I've started with some simple designs in white ink. Along the way I discovered the amazing work of Marian Bantjes and watched her inspiring TED talk. Highly recommended!
Met the wonderful Luis this week in the shop, with his inspirational traditional leather craftsmanship and grand-parenting, and a gift of amazing Yerba Mate tea.

I'm not sure if you saw the display Graeme put together for Bayside Emporium, but it includes my paper heart garland. You can see a photo here.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!! I spent mine learning horse handling :-) !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment