Sunday, 13 April 2014

Chocolate Nests for Easter




I was up at around 4:30 yesterday morning making these chocolates for easter. The white chocolate eggs are moulded in two halves and then "glued" together with melted chocolate. Their nests are made from melted dark chocolate mixed with Chang's noodles and then set in little bowls lined with cling wrap. The nests with the brown eggs are dark chocolate mixed with shredded coconut. I ran out of milk chocolate for making eggs, and just used some commercial eggs to fill the coconut nests. 
The white chocolate has a very low melting point and left a bit of a smudge on the cello as I bagged them up. I'm hoping no one will touch them in the shop! lol Wanting them to look perfect!
To match the lovely earth tones of the chocolate, I tea-stained some cardboard and dried it with a hairdryer and an iron before putting it through the printer to print the labels, and then gave them a torn edge, them rather than cutting, and finished them with a little piece of lace ribbon.
Thanks to my amazing ex-mother-in-law Jackie for showing me how make chocolate nests years ago. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment