Monday, 12 May 2014

Mothers Day, Portraits and See Change Art Market Huskisson

I designed and hand cut some cards for the Emporium at Huskisson last week, and sold the first one to John at Kiosk while I was getting a coffee on my way in to drop them the shop! I'm completely adoring Kiosk coffee at the moment and love they way they write the order in code on the stone counter.
My lovely artist friend Don Luck is leaving the Emporium at the end of the month so if you are looking for a beautiful local landscape in oils, now is the time to snap one up. Don has been encouraging me to advertise myself as a portrait artist. I'll get around to it, I just don't seem to have time to stop and breath at the moment. Just the same, I thought I'd post here a couple of portraits I've done recently. Abby and the bluebirds I have only just finished for a kind customer who has been waiting patiently. 
I'm doing the See Change art market on Saturday the 24th May at the white Sands Park if anyone is around, stop by and say hello. I'll be doing some kind of demonstration or workshop.
One last thing i wanted to mention was a wonderful weaving workshop I participated in with Lissa at Squid Studio in Nowra. We made reeds into string, and then stitched the string into a coil basket with waxed linen thread. Lissa has created some beautiful baskets which she exhibits, and some are available for sale in the Shoalhaven arts centre.




No comments:

Post a Comment